Friday, February 26, 2010

Let's hear it for the Red White and GOLD!

Feeling just a little sleepy this morning. I stayed up very late last night stitching and  watching our Canadian athletes gather up the medals. Our ladies hockey team took gold and Joannie Rochette; a very brave lady who persevered through much heartache captured a  bronze in figure skating. There may have been more but those were the ones I concentrated on last night.Go Canada!

I think I already mentioned that I have been working away at my redwork blocks for a red and white quilt I am making. You know I was thinking, "What a patriotic project to be working on during these Canadian Olympic days. It was not planned that way, but if it had been, wouldn't that have been so clever of me? I managed to complete over half of a block last night, so that means I just have to finish this one, and then one more and all the embroidered blocks will be done! Oh did I mention I have 24 various star blocks of different sizes to do as well? I guess I shouldn't get too excited yet.

I have a few more retreat things to share today. We included a few kits in the goody bags for our retreating ladies. Among them were these 2 pin cushions. They are small and are worn on the finger or thumb, but they are handy little items to have when you just need a few pins at the ironing board or design wall etc.

This one was made from a re-cycled bottle cap, a bit of stuffing, a four inch circle of scrap fabric and a bit of elastic. A great little notion to have in your sewing basket!

And now showing ...on a very anemic looking hand is the next thumb pin cushion. This pattern was taken from Moda Bakeshop.

 
Made from re-cycled wool clothing.
We had a little display table set up with several notions and a wonderful variety of pin cushions. I however, was not clever enough to have taken a picture of it, but because these ones live at my house I was able to photograph them after the fact.

See this roll of 1/4 inch quilters tape? ...want a tip?

Put a little piece on your nail and you have a quick and easy tool to check your 1/4 inch seams while sewing.
Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting the link to your blog at Maple Leaf Quit Guild. I love the redwork. Is it from a pattern? I hope you'll post a pic that shows the complete assortment of blocks. There is a great blog to post your finished projects . Every Friday over at 'Lit and Laundry' you can post a link to your finished projects for the previous week.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.