Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Keep Calm and Carry On

Keep Calm and Carry on was a motivational poster produced by the British Government in 1939 during the beginning of WWII, but it was never used. It was re-discovered in 2000 and has been re-issued by a number of private sector companies and used as a decorative theme for a range of other products. ( this must be true, cause I read it in Wikipedia) I would dearly love to own this poster and read it daily to remind myself to do just that. Retreat is coming up fast and I have a number of things to finish up as part of my contribution in the weekend plans. I have a terrible habit of leaving things to the last minute and then stressing myself out trying to get everything done on time. I know there is a word for people like me (PROCRASTINATOR), but I just tell myself that I work better under pressure with a looming deadline; it sounds so much more positive than the "P" word.
So instead of working away at what I need to have done I am looking at quilty things that inspire me. I am sure there are patterns around for these little projects, but all I have are pictures I have saved on disc. Take a look...I have to run...got a million things to do.
.
Wouldn't this look wonderful at the back entry?

...and this! Well what a wonderful summery table topper!

this is what I need to do...




Love, love, love the colors in this little number!
I bet if you changed the size a bit it would make a cute little baby quilt.
Wish I knew who the publisher is of these patterns. I would direct you to them, but alas! I do not...hope I haven't stepped on any copyright toes by posting them here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.