Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Rome wasn't built in a day

Had a weigh in last night. I was a little concerned how I would do, but I think I am satisfied. I lost 2.4 lbs. Satisfied or not, it is what it is and I am the only one who can do anything about it. I am getting a little more serious on the treadmill. Not too much more time, but at a greater intensity. Ooooh that sounds like I am really working out. Not really, but I am doing 30 minutes at 5km per hour with a few 6km "spurts" thrown in. I would love to do more, but Rome wasn't built in a day, and I have to keep reminding myself of that. I am at least headed in the right direction.



Speaking of headed in the right direction, I am off to Moncton to pick up a friend and bring her back for another visit. I have a feeling I will be spending more time in my little studio...she left her sewing machine with me last trip, so I know she will be wanting to get at her projects too.
Hope to drop in to Costco, and if allthe stars are aligned just right maybe even the newly renovated quilt store too. Stay tuned for the all the details. ta ta

2 comments:

  1. I am with you Wendy. Trying to get healthy etc. I was down 1.8lbs this week. I am almost at 25lbs off!! I love FOOD and just have to take it one day at a time(Rome was built one day at a time right?) and not beat myself too hard when I over indulge. Treadmill can be sooo boring, but feels good to know you have pushed your body, it will only make us stronger, healthier=happier :-)
    Have a good trip to Moncton. I LOVE Costco!!
    Hope you get lot's of sewing done with your friend. Fun fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Wendy! Patience.... Small steps add up..and anyway it's better to lose slowly and gradually...

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.