Monday, July 19, 2010

You're not going to believe this...

but ...wait; let me go back a bit. Last night around 10 p.m. before Mr. O signed off for the night I got him to draw the winning name for the charm pack and bone folder. Now I know I said the cut off time would be midnight, but as patient as he is; even Mr. O would not have appreciated being disturbed from a deep sleep to draw a name for prize...so-o-o this being a low tech/low budget operation we set things up to make the draw.

As you can see, post-it notes in a Pyrex bowl was all that was needed so after double checking to see that all the names were entered Mr O drew the winning name.
Before I tell you the winning name I want to draw your attention to this comment;

"i think i got it!!!! And if I'm not e"x"actly bang on then I'm way out in left field, I guess! LOL

How did I do Sis??? and by the way you don't have to put my name in for the draw...it just would not seem right if you were to pull your sisters name out of the hat, would it?"

Now I happen to agree with this comment. It just would not seem right if I were to pull my sisters name out of the hat, would it?
So this is the name Mr O drew from the bowl...

Darn that flash! This pic is a little over exposed, let me take another without the flash...



Yup! You got it; Barb from FOR THE LOVE OF THREADS is the winner! She also happens to be my sister who lives about 3000 miles away from me. Congratulations Barb you were "x-actly" right with your answer. I was using the alphabet letters in order to post my blog titles. Omitting the O and V were accidental. I wanted to go back and fix them but I only noticed after the fact and didn't know how to insert the correct lettered post without throwing things off so carrying on to the next letter was the only thing to do.

 So if you want to win a draw, just preface it with a comment like Barb's. It makes the blog owner look really bad when that is exactly what you do. Especially when it is her first "give away". (You know I even considered getting Mr. O to redraw, but that would not have been fair to Barb.)
So I will get that in the mail to you this week Barb and I hope to see a future post with pics of what you make with it. Thanks for playing along ladies. It was fun!






3 comments:

  1. Well Mr. O is a good sport for doing the drawing no matter what time it was ! AND CONGRATULATIONS to your sis BARB !!!! I think it's great that your sis won! (my sister and I are best pals so I understand the sista- friend relationship very well)

    ....AND happy to hear you're a fan of the cranberry pie recipe ! (it is a good one isn't it?!?!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh!!! Thanks Georges! I can just see his face as he looked and seen my name! I have to chuckle now as I visualize...
    I'm so excited.....and this of course will be a very special FIRST blog winning experience since it came from you, "Big Sis". Love ya! thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulation Barb.....I did tell Wendy yesterday that I really didn't need more fabric...guess she took me at my word! Enjoy your prize. Looking forward to seeing your finished project.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.