Friday, July 16, 2010

Xed off 6 more red and white blocks

Had a great day yesterday. Had a visit from a couple of my quilting friends. We shared stories, drank tea, ate fresh cranberry scones, and even did some stitching. What a great day! I am happy to report that Mr. O has made the necessary changes to the bird feeder and it is working like a charm. Thanks Mr. O.
I am even happeier to say that I have added 6 more blocks to my pile of Winter wonderland redwork blocks. Just 16 more to go...I know that is a lot, but starting has got me motivated...I am a woman on a mission. Want to see them? Well ok if you insist.
You know there is a "bad boy" in every crowd and I had one here. See that red and white striped pinwheel? Well let me tell you I was happy to get that baby finished for the third time. I mean, Why? It was exactly the same as the other three pinwheels, but it took me a few tries to get it to behave, and there a few things I am not crazy about, but...It Is What It Is!

Star of Hope

Martha Washington Star


My progress so far.
I really need to get in a walk, as well as a bit of housework done, but I hope to get another star or two done today.

3 comments:

  1. You did get inspired. They're pretty. I feel privileged to have been one of your friends yesterday. I got out for my swim at 9 this morning, as I've had errands to do all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely Wendy. Can't wait to see the finished quilt- do these go with the snowman blocks I saw a while back, or is this a separate project?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stars are beautiful!! :o)
    I have some much need chores this morning, but can't wait to get to my sewing machine. :o)
    Hope you have a great week!
    Sincerely ~ Tricia

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.