Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday Morning Solitude

After a 12 hour drive yesterday, it was nice to sleep in a bit. Up at 7 and after a quick coffee I told my sister in law I was going to take a bit of a walk before breakfast. I didn't bring my camera but I did have my phone so I took a few shots to share with you. There is always something to catch your eye on Ontario country roads

I love love love the huge weeping willows scattered all along the roadsides

Horses munching on clover and grasses.

Not a great shot but it was interesting to watch a pair of osprey try to distract from their 2 littles ones in the nest. They chattered and swooped and soared overhead but only because they didn't realize that I was no threat to them.

Cattails and Queen Anne's Lace.

Even milkweed looks so pretty with the morning dew.

An abundance of grapes growing wild all along the tree line.

Nothing quite like a walk down a country lane on a quiet Sunday morning.

2 comments:

  1. It does look lovely and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! I love the wild grapes, I don't think I've ever seen any myself. I had to smile at the Queen Anne's lace. A couple of years ago, I was visiting my sister and there was QAL everywhere in the ditches. I pointed it out to my neice who was 5 at the time. I guess they must have studied (or else she saw a tv show about ants and has probably never heard of Ann) because she called it Queen Ant's Lace. Now, of course, that is how I refer to it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.