Friday, December 9, 2011

We do it right!

On the North shore of New Brunswick when we do snow, we do snow...lots of it!





It snowed all day and blew a gale. As you can see by the sky in one of the shots, it was indeed a stormy, blustery day. No complaints here though. It's December in Northern New Brunswick...it is supposed to snow!
Didn't get to have a visit from my friend but will take a rain check for early next week. I decided to make the scones then. They are yummy with a hot cup of tea, so you will have to wait for that recipe. I did however make my War Cake. This is an old favourite in our home as you can see by the shape of my recipe page. It really should be re-copied to a new book, but I just never seem to take the time.


This was a wartime recipe. Easy to send overseas to your favourite soldier. Inexpensive to make and needed no butter or eggs. At Christmas I "gussy" it up and add a bit of candied cherries and a few nuts and a glaze, but through the year it is just plain old war cake.


The moon was awesome last night. I didn't get great pics, because I didn't take the time to use my tripod, but this gives you an idea of what I could see from my kitchen window.


Well fellow elves, my list is long and the days are short, so I must run.



If it wasn't for the last minute I wouldn't get anything done!






1 comment:

  1. Beautiful snow shots Wendy.. we are still looking at green grass... :(

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.