Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Catching Up

Happy to report we made it through the biggest part of the Christmas season. It was tough this year with both Mom's gone and just Mr. O and I here at home, but that is life and you soldier on. Setting the table for 2 for Christmas dinner is a bit different ...



...and leftovers! Well we won't even go there. Just as a side note though; have you noticed there are never any recipes for left over chocolate?  I'm just sayin'...

Between Christmas and birthday I was totally spoiled again. I will show you some of the things I received; I say some because I know I have not taken pics of everything simply because at 6 a.m. I was trying to remember everything and , well you know how it is.

Isn't this a totally unique way to display the family name? A gift from our daughter and family. Random sepia toned shots that resemble different letters to make up words. It was a custom piece made especially for us. I love it!

And this Christmas card from our Son and his family. How appropriate...a white house with a red door (just like mine) with 2 little girls bringing Christmas greetings; and best of all...tucked inside was recent school pics of those 2 sweet girls!



Mr. O went shopping and had fun picking out all kinds of things to spoil me. 
Desperately need a new watch!

A Kobo e-reader; not needed but much appreciated!

and a lovely red leather case with a light inside for my e-reader!


a new tea cozy! How cute is that? Every teapot needs a winter toque.


And some lovely new kitchen tools! ...and this!


a new phone ...with more bells and whistles than I need or know what to do with! ...but what fun!


Some of the other things I received were...
a much needed L.L.Bean travel toiletries bag.


 
a calendar, gift card, and a movie that has been on my list for the last 4 or 5 years. Thank you!


An absolutely charming book! ...and see the fabric hiding behind it?


This simply charming quilted pillow.



More home decor items...


and this antique glass slipper! There is a story here but I will tell you tomorrow...

I was really spoiled, but I love it! 
Thank you all.










2 comments:

  1. wonderful gifts you have recieved dear Sister! Happy Birthday...wishing you a wonderful day filled with nothing but love, laughter and happiness! Big Big Hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful gifts, Wendy and I love the name plate. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.