Sunday, June 19, 2011

Remake of an Old Movie

Some of you may remember or have heard of the movie made in 1957 titled, The Incredible Shrinking Man.






Or maybe this one is familiar to you; it was re-done with Lily Tomlin in 1981 and called The Incredible Shrinking Woman



Well the newest story is The Incredible Shrinking House.







I could go on and on, but I think you get the idea. I feel like my walls are closing in on me making my house seeming to shrink around me..  Thankfully the contractor comes tomorrow to repair and pour a new concrete floor and we will be one step closer to being able to move things back to my sewing room, scrapbooking room, laundry room and family room. How and why did I manage to accumulate so much "stuff"?
Anyone coming to visit for the first time would think I had hoarding issues. Things are stacked to the ceiling in almost every room. My freezer is in the back entry, my sewing gear is in the front entry, my books are stacked in the dining room, my washer and dryer are in the car port etc.etc.etc. Let's hope there is no sequel!
On a brighter note, a friend dropped by on Saturday to get a piece of fabric from me and she brought me a bouquet of flowers she had purchased at the Farmer's Market that morning. 

I in turn had just taken lemon blueberry muffins out of the oven, so I invited her in for tea and muffins.



 A delightful little break in a busy day.

Tea is drunk to forget the din of the world.  ~T'ien Yiheng


1 comment:

  1. It seems we both blogged about the tea and muffins and the flowers being the bright spot in an otherwise dreary day! These are the little things that give us joy.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.