Sunday, September 1, 2013

Hi, Remember Me?

I knew I was only home for a short five weeks before our next trip, so I spent as much of that five weeks as I could squeeze in, glued to Ruby (my sewing machine). She and I got reacquainted and caught up, so I neglected my blog...shame on me!

But I do have something to show for my absence. I was home exactly 5 weeks; the first few days were a write off due to jet lag. Then we packed and moved to the beach; the next day we had old friends come to visit for a few days, but after that I got down to the business at hand. 

This is what I accomplished...




All in all, there are 10 quilted projects, most of them gifts. There is a twin sized quilt for my great grand daughters "big girl bed", a baby quilt, 4 doll quilts, 3 table toppers, and a lap quilt for a birthday gift. I also managed to finish crocheting edges on a couple dinner napkins, and cut out some printed linen and make four tea towels.
For the most part I am pleased. Did you happen to notice one of the toppers, is this months Schnibbles pattern?
Yup! I squeaked in another parade entry. Canasta. This is a new pattern from Rosie's Quilt Company, and I love it.
Now usually I get to show you 2 entries because Sue make her version, and I do mine. My sister Barb has even started "Schnibbling", but this month they just "run out of month" and didn't get time to sew, so I am all alone on this float. 
Here is what Sue had to say when I asked her about the Schnibbles Parade,

Sue, who is looking at the parade route and trying to pick out the best spot. Will I have to gather my quilt, chair, etc and stake out my spot on Sat night? I've never done that before, it might be fun. Maybe I'll see a few other Schnibble want-to-bees doing the same thing. Should I bring some handwork, a few magazines....oh, some treats as well.....my camera, tablet, an extension cord and charger, my Ott light....I wonder what time the parade will start? I sure hope it doesn't rain..........."

She is sorry not to have an entry ready for parade but promises to be there to watch the excitement.

Here is another look at my Canasta Schnibbles.


It has gone to live at my son's house, because my daughter in law had a birthday this week, and this was made especially for her. 
It's late and I want to get up early to get a good seat to watch the parade. See you there!






6 comments:

  1. WOW Wendy! You sure made the most of your time! Good for you! All are beautiful. Lucky great grand, and DIL...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Goodness! You have been busy! They all look great. Too bad Sue couldn't join in, I always enjoy her versions as well as yours. The problem with parade day: We are "east coast" and Sinta and Sherri are "west coast." I spend too much time refreshing my blog feed waiting for the parades to post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wendy....waving from the sidelines...guess I am waaaaay too early for the parade. Oh well it gives me a chance to sit and do some handwork. Wouldn't you know it ...it rained last night ! I'm not sure that I want to miss September's parade - since I am pretty sure that sitting by the parade route all night for a front row seat will be a bit chilly. Oh look there's Barb....HEY BARB....I save a spot over here for you.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, sis....now im a little curious...did you make everyone of those from scratch or were some already tops waiting to be sandwiched and bound. Heh, sue thanks for the spot but i,ve been granted a day so I will be a making onto the canasta float afterall...hope you enjoy it

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous mini parade of your own you have here! Your baskets/Canasta is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a very productive 5 weeks! Wowsers!! Where are you off to now?

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.