Friday, June 1, 2012

TO SLEEP OR NOT TO SLEEP...

...that is the question. It was the question I had to ask myself last night. Because I was off galavanting almost all month, I only started my DOC 2 days ago and as of 8:30 last night the only thing done were the blocks, no sashings cut or made and no borders made.

My smart friend Sue on the other hand was done with plenty of time to spare. I chose not to sleep, and I sure I hope we make the parade. another Schnibbles done! Hooray! 





We both chose to use fabrics on hand and because we did the "card trick" in Christmas fabrics (Sue did scrappy and I used Countdown to Christmas) we have laughingly called ours "Christmas Cards". Hope you don't mind Carrie?

10 comments:

  1. I had liked the look of the blocks with the black background .....I LOVE the finished product!!! The black with Countdown to Christmas is
    very striking. Want to trade???

    Sue W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I love BOTH of these! I can hardly wait for the parade today and see what the next one is! Love that black background - very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas Cards?!! Perfection! I love it. I do really like the one with the black background, but both are gorgeous. There seems to be a fair amount of Docs with a darker--not white/cream background fabric. Kudos to you for getting it done. I also love the photo with them both on the shed. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are great! I love the black background-very dramatic. And I love the Christmas Cards. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of these...Good job! maybe the lack of sleep was worth it after all.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them both! And, as I was just talking about on my blog, one of these days--SOON!--I really want to make a quilt with black as the background color. Nice job ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You finished :-) Congratulations! They are both beautiful. And the name? LOL!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute name! I remember seeing them in the parade. Love your choices.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll take sewing over sleep any time! Beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clever twist on the name of the block! I love both versions of the quilt. Good for you for getting it done!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.