Sunday, October 5, 2014

Just a Test

Last night was a bit frustrating trying to type on a black screen, so I decided to bite the bullet and try something new. I previously had been using Blogger+ but since the new Apple updates things were a bit challenging to say the least. I check out a few free ones but 
I am sure you have heard the old saying, "you get what you pay for" and I think part of the reason I lost interest in posting was because it was just not easy using my old program. 
The new App was only $4.99 and so far seems quite easy to use, so wish me luck! Oh is case you are interested in what App I decided to go with, it is called Blog Touch Pro.

After church today there were 8 of us for dinner. The menu?
Swedish Meatballs
Riced Potatoes
Carrots and Broccoli
Hot Buttered Corn
Garlic Cheese Toast (a little over toasted) * just keepin' it real folks
and for dessert
Tea/Coffee
Grandma Iny's Prune Cake with fresh whipped cream

Now before you turn up your nose at the idea of a prune cake let me redeem myself. 
The recipe comes from Pioneer Woman's website and we all know how yummy her recipes are!


This is NOT my photo but shamelessly  stolen from Pioneer woman. I will however give you the link so you can make this cake too.

Prunes get a bad rap and they really are good. Don't you just love a big juicy plum? Well prunes are just big juicy plums that hung around long enough to get wrinkled. Just so you know wrinkles get a bad rap too but I think they add a lot of character. Okay okay I know I'm getting off track but this cake is very similar to a gingerbread cake in fact my company all guessed that I had made a fresh gingerbread cake for dessert. That's just what it smelled like coming out of the oven.


That is the link the link posted above. Now go check it out. The next time you need a really yummy dessert try this one.I promise you won't be disappointed.

About this new app, you know the one I changed to for today's post, I think I'm going to love it. It seems very easy to use and a really nice feature is that it uses Siri so that means I can talk to you and it types for me how sweet is that?
Yup there is a lot of truth to that old saying, you really do get what you pay for.
Now I am going to go play with my new app and you really should go check out Pioneer woman's recipes.

Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.

Warren Buffett

P.s. So far I am thinking I got good value for my $4.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.