Saturday, May 25, 2013

Just 6 Days...

The countdown is on. Just 6 days left till we leave on our next adventure. Before I go any further on that subject though, how about a little catching up?
Mr. O and I have been busy, sprucing things up around the house. Spring cleaning? Well yes, but we have decided to sell our home of over 35 years. It was a big decision; especially since we really are not completely decided what we will do if/when it sells. However, the first step has been taken and we will wait and see how things go. I firmly believe that if it is meant to be, the house will sell for what we are asking and things will all fall into place in time.
The sign went on the lawn this morning and by 3:00 we were contacted for our first showing...OH MY NERVES!

If you look really hard you can see a sign at the end of the drive...it has been a lot of years since our neighbours have seen a "for sale" sign on this property!

Something else that took 2 days of my week was a mini quilt retreat at a friends camp about an hour from home. We were a smaller group this year, but we certainly were productive and everyone enjoyed themselves.

This is one of the things I worked on...Gentle Art. Our Schnibbles project for May. I had a few other pictures to share, but they are at home on my Mac and I am sitting in a hotel room over two hours away, so this will have to do.

I have so many things pinned on my design wall. I have put them there in hopes it will inspire me to get them finished, but time is slipping away so quickly, that they will have to wait until I get back from our vacation.
Another thing I worked on this week was a table topper and set of coasters to donate to a fund raiser auction my daughter is involved with.

I hope someone likes it well enough to give it a new home.
I also have another project all cut and waiting to be sewn together. Perhaps on Sunday...

Oh yes and my May Schnibbles has to be sandwiched and quilted and bound. Hopefully I can get this done by Wednesday, and still have time to pack ...our next adventure? Well, we will be taking a 2 week tour of Pain, and then we have rented a house in France. I have always wanted to do this...and the icing on the cake? Our son and his family will be joining us for two weeks! The house is a 300 hundred year old Norman farm house, fully restored and nestled on two acres of country property. I hope to keep blogging from there, so it should make for some fun stories!
Today the weather was absolutely despicable and after we tended to a few appointments Mr. O said "lets go to Moncton for an overnight trip"...so we called ahead and booked a room, threw a few things in a bag and off we went. Upon arrival, while checking in, Mr. O asked for an upgrade to our room. He was told they had no upgrade to give us, because they had booked us into the Presidential Suite!

Well, I guess there is a first for everything and this is definitely a first for us! The Presidential Suite?? Really?? I was curious to see what was going to behind that door...

Did you notice that one of the bathrooms had TWO bathtubs in it! One regular tub and shower and one whirlpool tub (complete with a collection of candles)! The suite is 6 rooms. ( 2 bedrooms with en suite bathrooms, dining room/kitchen, and a lovely comfy living-room with 2 sofas, a fireplace, several side chairs and tables. Lovely REAL living plants...no silks here!
3 televisions...
Kind of nice to see how the other half lives. It would be really easy to get used to this kind of accommodations...I'm just sayin'...

Que Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours, to see
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Wendy, only you would take a trip before a trip, and be planning to finish two projects in between!!! I guess you'll be pulling some 5:30 am starts to your mornings between now and Thursday....just like the pre-retirement days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Wendy! You have lots going on in your life!! Two weeks in France- that will be wonderful, I'll look forward to any posts you can do from there... Good luck with those "finishes" before you go...

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.