Friday, November 11, 2011

Lest We Forget

11.11.11

It is a very nasty day today and I would much rather stay home and sew, but I will be heading into town to honour our Canadian soldiers. I can't help but think that many of those men and women would rather have stayed home safe and warm too, but set that aside to serve for our country. It is the very least I can do.
Every time I listen to this song (and watch the video) it brings me to tears. Take a minute...




In Flanders Fields
- John McCrae

In Flanders Fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved, and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders Fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders Fields.

1 comment:

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.