Sunday, August 12, 2018

A PLACE TO STICK IT

I am not sure just where the days go, but I never seem to get all the things done that I plan to. While Mr. O was still working. I would get up every morn ing with him and about 5:20. He left for work just before 6 and I would have my coffee and mess around on the computer for a bit but I just felt like a got a good start on the day, but now even if I wake at 5 or so I crawl back to bed and stay there til at least 7:30, and although it is only 2 hours later I feel lazy and seem to be playing catch up all day. Today I did the regular stuff, dishes, made the bed, straightening up, and I managed to pick a few blueberries to fill up our little bowl that we keep in the fridge for morning cereal and snacking. I got half the deck stained...it’s one of those jobs you have to do in stages so you can still get in and out of the house because the deck area takes in both entry ways. It has been so hot and humid that it really was not great staining conditions but today was sunny and a bit breezy so I thought I best get it done.after those jobs were taken care of, I got to play with my fabric and sewing machine. 
I decided to take a break from the quilt I have been working on and make some fun stuff. 
I have a Pinterest Board titled, A Place To Stick It. I”m sure it would not take to much effort to figure out what the board is all about...
See that blue one in the bottom right corner...a friend made me that one in those exact colours.

Today I decided to make a few of the fun things I had pinned. 







This one “cracks me up” no pun intended.



This next one is prepped and ready for blanket stitching...I think it may be numbered among my favourites.



As you can see, some are cottons and some are wool, so I am getting a nice variety.
Some time back several different bloggers and professional quilters had a bit of a challenge going on. Make a pin cushion a day for 30 days. I thought it seemed like a fun idea but never seemed to get around to joining in the fun. Well I decided that I wanted to try a few of the ideas I had pinned and this is the result.
Carrie Nelson has a new book coming out that I may just have to add to my library. 



Back at home in my sewing room I have a wicker basket filled with thimbles and pin cushions. I have donut pincushions, cupcake pincushions, scrappy ones, bottle cap ones, wrist ones, but I thought I could add a few more to the collection. I also have a little space left on my bookshelf and This book may be just the ticket to help me.




I closed things up around midnight, and wondered in to record the events of the day. That’s all folks. That’s as exciting as my Saturday nights get.






2 comments:

  1. It still amazes me all that you get done in a day, lounging about to all of 7:30 aside, lol. It is fun to stop and play with some little projects sometimes. I’ve been doing the same thing.
    We have similar Saturday night parties. Mine would be stretched out with my knitting/crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your “pin”cushions sis
    I have to say some of my favourite have been my wool ones. But I love all of yours

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.