Thursday, January 8, 2015

KEEPING IT REAL

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with being closer to the Equator, but crikey the days sure fly by down here! I t seems like I just get up and it's time to go back to bed. Today was a quilting day with some if the local gals. There were only four of us today because it seems people are not all back from their trips home for Christmas. Tomorrow is another quilt day for our little guild here in the park. I'm thinking there may be a few more then. 
Today I concentrated on cutting all the pieces for a quilt I had planned to do in October for the Schnibbles Parade, but  circumstances altered my plans and it was set aside. This was a quilt that my sister Barb and I have planned to do together.


When Carrie Nelson published her pattern Harvey, I knew that it was going to be added near the top of my list of quilt projects, so today all the prep work was done and when Barb and I get together on Friday to quilt Harvey will be the pattern of choice. I'll explain more about that later.

I have another Carrie Nelson quilt in the works that I started this summer for myself and set it aside because of all the Christmas quilting I was working on. It came out of hiding today and that will be tomorrows project.



Do you see all those little red and white blocks that make up the chain that runs through the quilt? Pretty simple yeah? I had 144 of those little units to make. Tedious because they were small and it was so repetitive, and I did not pay attention to placement of the pieces.



These two squares look pretty much alike right...but they have a mistake in the placement of the pieces. I know that on a galloping horse you might not notice the mistake but from where I sit it seemed pretty glaring and this was not just a one block mistake...oh no! Not me...when I do something it has to be big...when I counted there were 94 of these babies that needed to be ripped out and rearranged!!!


After supper this evening we had tickets for a Comedy/Magic show so we didnt get back until 9:30, but my mission was to at least have all 94 blocks ripped apart and ready to press and REassemble tomorrow at our guild work day. I have to shake my head at this blunder, but like I said, just Keeping It Real!
I'm happy to report it is now 1:23 a.m. and all the ripping is done and I will be ready for some assembly line piecing tomorrow, but ladies, please don't distract me. Apparently it doesn't take much these days for me to make BIG mistakes with little blocks.


1 comment:

  1. I've been there and done that. I may have been tempted to just cut more pieces and not rip the blocks apart. I went to a bee on Tuesday and then yesterday. I'm hoping today I can just stay home and quilt! The wind chill is -25 this morning so enjoy Arizona!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.