Thursday, May 5, 2011

Excuses

I have been very slack in blogging lately. I have good intentions but just have not been inspired to write. 


I have been dealing with a few health issues.


I have been away so much it seems. 


Since Feb. of this year I have made a trip to Ontario,  2 driving trips to Newfoundland, one of which was for a funeral of an old and very dear friend; and now I am packing to drive to Ontario again. 


(Codroy Valley, Newfoundland)




Our house is under construction/renovations. 


The weather is depressing. (to put it mildly)






I never thought I would say it but it seems I am becoming a "fair weather" blogger. Shame on me! 

Many people would gladly change places with me, I'm sure. 

Looking back over the pictures that I just posted it struck me that the last pic shows little buds forming on the trees...despite the lack of sunshine. Good news right?

In my travels I have been able to see family members. That's good too.

I live in a country with a health care system that is better than many...positive yes?

What started out to be a "Whine List" and a list of excuses for not blogging has encouraged me to see that things are really not that bad. 

Attitudes really are contagious. I want one that is worth catching.

Some days there won't be a song in your heart.  Sing anyway.  ~Emory Austin




4 comments:

  1. I want to catch some of that attitude too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Wendy! The rain here is depressing but the grass is turning so green. Spring is definitely on it's way... to you too... Hope all goes well for you in ON. and when you come back, spring will be fullblown...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been checking daily to see if you had updated your blog, so glad to find you back on here today. I know you've been gone so much lately, but looking forward to hopefully getting to see you when you get to Ontario!! I hope you're feeling better soon. I think spring has finally made it to Ontario, so that will hopefully perk you up when you get here, and maybe by the time you get back, it will be in New Brunswick as well. See you soon! joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, with the other commenters... the nice weather has to be right around the corner. We have river flooding this week in Fredericton, but it seems to be going down now.

    I have been meaning to ask... last year when you did the WInter Wonderland redwork quilt, was that a free Block of the month.... I loved your quilt when you were doing it, and I think I'm coming into my redwork phase...

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.