Saturday, March 26, 2011

A (long) Post With No Name

I'm not sure if any other bloggers out there do things the way I do, but it seems I need a Blog Title to get the creative juices flowing. Once I come up with a title, I could probably write all day. I was telling this to a friend last week and she suggested that I post my dilemma and have some of you readers suggest a topic or two for me. Well not a topic really but a Title; I thought that might prove to be a little challenging  because what if you suggested a Title I wasn't comfortable writing about or even worse was clueless about! So for today we have a "No Name" post.  Enough said!


My last post was on St. Patrick's Day, and since then Spring arrived...well on the calendar it did. When speaking about Spring, at least in our neck of the woods I think Mr. Van Dyke was quite correct.


The first day of spring is one thing, and the first spring day is another.  The difference between them is sometimes as great as a month.  ~Henry Van Dyke



Does this look like spring?





How about this? I took these pictures yesterday; can you see all those white spots? Yup, it was snowing again. I just have to remind myself that it could always be worse.

In spite of the weather I did manage to get out walking this week. So far I have logged 20km since last Sunday and I have one more day to finish the week, so I am hoping to get at least another 3 or 4 tomorrow.

Mr. O and I went to Moncton last weekend. He for laser eye surgery and me to have my sewing machine serviced. 

Mr. O had a very successful weekend and is pleased with the results;  me not so much...can you believe I forgot my machine at home! I mean really! Who makes an appointment for their machine, talks about it for 2 weeks and then goes away and leaves the machine at home?
 So-o-o Mr O goes back on Thursday for a follow up appt. for his eyes and this time my machine is going too; in fact I think I may pack it up and leave it at the back door a day or two early just to be sure.

Even though I have not been doing any machine work in the last while, I have kept my fingers busy. I knitted 4 scarves


I made two like this one.

I also made woollen (Briggs and Little) mitts to line Mr. O's leather mitts.


I knit slippers for my grand daughter and started another pair for her younger sister. 



Also made with B&L pure wool. I trimmed them with some specialty "eyelash" yarn so they are girly and fun but warm too. I knitted their mom a pair of mitts too, but I mailed them off right away so no photos. I am pleased to say I finally finished a pair of socks for myself that took way too long to complete..they kept being set on the back burner while I did knitting for someone else. Feels good to get that monkey off my back. 

I have been doing some hand stitching as well. Working on 2  cushions that I started late last summer.



Tonight I was hand stitching on a block that is to be my contribution to my sister's Winter Challenge Quilt. 


My plan is to do a bit of sewing next week. I plan to make a new bag. I am still a bit undecided about what colour-way. I am leaning toward the bright green/black. What do you think?


OR


I leave you with this thought. Yesterday I was reading a few blogs and happened upon this post.


I guess it spoke to me, because we have been organizing and purging these days; I have been thinking sort of on that subject...what in the world would Mr O do with all that fabric and "stuff" in my sewing room?
There is still quite a good chunk left in 2011 and I aim to work hard at depleting some of that yardage. I am not real speedy so ... Wish me luck!


"Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush." Doug Larson













2 comments:

  1. I often only think of a title part way through my writing. Sometimes the title is sort of the beginning of my first line.
    You have been busy with the knitting needles. Do you suppose I might get the pattern for the Briggs and little liner mitts sometime?
    I like the green and black but I really like all of the first black fabrics. Could you use those and substitute in a bright?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy,
    I've been trying to post comments on here, but so far, have not been able to. Hopefully I can get this one to work. I love how creative you are. That is definitely not part of my make up, but I really enjoy seeing it in someone else. The things you make are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.