Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hope I'm not boring you...

...but I just have to show you a couple more shots of "my" chickadees. I never seem to tire of them. They are such a source of enjoyment, no matter the weather.




   As you can probably tell the last pic was taken just after the snow started (AGAIN!!) yesterday. 

I want to share with you something I read many years ago in one of my Victoria magazines;  about chick-a-dees. 
Being a chickadee lover and a quote lover and a scrapbooker I saved it in my little quote book.

"The chickadee was put on earth to demonstrate the power of positive thinking.  No day is dark, no night is cold, no hour is evil, no harm is in sight, no news is bad.  An acrobat and an optimist; the chickadee is perfectly named, (he named himself), perfectly designed. We should all wear a black cap, ignore the weather reports and make friends easily." 
E.B.White

Gotta love those chickadees!

I just finished reading Dewey by Vicki Myron.


I have read that it is to made into a movie...

From Publishers Weekly

One frigid Midwestern winter night in 1988, a ginger kitten was shoved into the after-hours book-return slot at the public library in Spencer, Iowa. And in this tender story, Myron, the library director, tells of the impact the cat, named DeweyReadmore Books, had on the library and its patrons, and on Myron herself....


As soon as I finish posting this I am going to hide away in my sewing room with an audio book. I am currently listening to Julie Andrews memoirs. (image taken from amazon)


Home to make a little progress on a lap quilt I have to get quilted.

Oh by the way the only person who responded to my query of the classic movie images was Linda H and she was indeed correct. Thanks Linda!
I didn't realize it at the time but it was a timely post with the Oscars being shown that very night. The movie was Lilies of The Field and Sydney Poitier won an Oscar for his performance in it. Linda I have to agree with you; To Sir With Love was my fave too!

I am off to find a black cap and tell myself that the forecasted snow for this coming weekend doesn't bother me a bit!
chick-a-dee-dee-dee...!




4 comments:

  1. I never tire of watching and photographing the chickadees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little birds are always a treat to watch. I too listen to books on tape when I sew and quilt but I have the hard copy of Julie Andrews' memoirs. Haven't read it yet though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love those darlin' little Chickadees... I love your quote- do I have your permission to use it sometime? Haven't got any good pics of chickadees lately as they haven't been frequenting my feeder much. I think my brother's feeders are their preference...
    I too read Dewey - loved it. It would make a great movie if they could find the right cat-star!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope....Not at all. I love ChiCkaDeES. and I too would be enjoying them except I haven't filled my feeders for a while. guess I should trudge through the snow and get that job done before my little men come tomorrow. They so love watching the birdies. And like you dear sister I too love quotes...keep em coming. The only difference between me and you and quotes is that you remember them...I forget them. even when I write them down! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.