Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Well it wasn't actually quilting, but...

Yes, I know I said I was going to quilt today, and technically, I didn't actually do any quilting, but I did work on one of my quilts. I did some stitching on a redwork block for this quilt
http://www.crabapplehillstudio.com/items/408_winter_wonderland.aspx.
I had planned to do some piecing, but by the time I did my 4.5 km walk, and dishes and various other little jobs and went grocery shopping, and bedding plant shopping, and putting groceries away, and filling window boxes and hanging planters, and supper; well I really only had energy left for some hand stitching, so the redwork project won out.
Tomorrow is not looking good for quilting either, what with having company from tomorrow until Sunday, but the positive side of this is that my redwork quilt will be receiving a little more attention. Wouldn't it be great if I could get it done by Christmas? I mean I only have 4 more of the smaller blocks to embroider; oh yeah and all the pieced stars in the border to do; not to mention the assembly, sandwiching, and quilting and binding...oh well a girl can dream can't she.

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to let you know that I had a long mother-son talk about "eating frogs" last night - - he laughed his brains out, but I think he understood the moral of the story.

    You wouldn't still have that email would you? If you do, can you forward it to me again?

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.