Sunday, November 19, 2017

(Backup) LAZY HAZY CRAZY DAYS OF SUMMER...WELL SORTA




I’m not sure if they were lazy or hazy but I do know they were crazy. 

Travel, and company kept us busy, but a few other things thrown in made it a little crazy some days. Moving to the beach each summer is always busy and there are always lots of jobs to be done. 

Because of the huge ice storm in the winter there was a ton of cleanup and burning to be done. Mr O was also working at consulting which included several trips away. He always tends to things to make things as easy for me as possible. We had a board on the deck that was quite weakened and I was concerned that it might break before he returned so he said he would replace it before leaving the next morning. 
While I was inside unpacking, dusting and setting things up, Mr O called me outside; naturally I just assumed he need a hand with something. He looked at me pointed to the gap where the faulty board was and smiled. Naturally I was puzzled..on closer inspection, I saw what ne wanted me to see. A litter of 4 tiny kittens! There are several ferral cats in the area and one of them chose to have her litter under our deck! 


Obviously they needed to be moved while the deck was being repaired. We gently placed them in a box. Mama was no where to be seen all day and we were a bit concerned as to our next move. A cat made a brief apperance but quickly disappeared, we tried setting out food but to no avail. With Mr O leaving the next morning for two weeks, we  decided to remove the new deck board and put them back under hoping mama would return.  After a day I lifted the board to see if all was well, and lo and behold they were gone. Mama had moved them. Not far though...they were hidden away under the guest house aka my quilting studio.





Mama was so thin and scrawny looking and she was feeding her babies, I caved and started feeding her a bit here and there...long story short; we had cats all summer long. They thought they owned the place!













By summer’s end I was concerned that they were not moving out and we would be moving home and the food bank was closing. They needed to learn to hunt and feed themselves before the snow came. I had to be brutal and stop feeding them and “encourage” them to leave home. My weapon was a water bottle. After many days of unwanted showers they finally moved on, but I have to tell you that I was getting pretty attached to them. It was harder on me than it was on them!
I worked several days at a local quilt shop which lead to a bigger project that was so much fun and in turn helped the shop owner make some great changes to the shop. Needless to say I was in my glory!






THANKS NADINE!

Throw in buying a new boat with our son,




Furniture painting class with friends,








berry picking, 







a Blue Jays game, 


 a very long bout of Whooping cough, and you can see why I say summer was more crazy than lazy. 

One for the books! I loved it and wouldn’t change a thing...well maybe just one thing!




1 comment:

  1. My head is ‘hazy’ just thinking about all you do! Crazy is definitely a good word, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.