Friday, July 1, 2016

HAPPY BIRTHDAY'S ARE IN ORDER

 

Canada turns 149 today! Happy Birthday Canada! She is looking good for her age too.  

 


 

 

 
I have been to all 10 provinces, but sadly I have yet to visit the 3 territories that complete our country. One day... I hope to remedy that.

Are you up to a few Canadian Trivia questions?

1. Who was the political leader who led the campaign to introduce universal health care?

2. What Canadian figure skater was the first in the world to land a quadruple jump in a world competition?

3. What three oceans border Canada?

4. Which is highest mountain?

5. Who wrote the lyrics to Canada's NationalAnthem?

6. What two Canadian cities were part of the "Original Six" NHL teams?

7. What was the name of Canada's flag before the Maple Leaf?

8.  Name the Canadian Prime Minister who won the Nobel Peace Prize.

9.  Name the first Canadian woman in space, flying aboard the American space shuttle Discovery from January 22-30, 1992.

10.  What was the name of the route used by fleeing American slaves to get to Canada?

11.  What Canadian city houses the longest continuously operating ballet company in Canada?

12.  The Dionne Quintuplets were born May 28 of what year?


I meantioned plural birthdays in my blog title. The second birthday is that of my baby. He turns 43 today. I can hardly believe it's been 43 years since we welcomed a beautiful blue eyed baby boy into our family, but I can't imagine what our lives would have been like without him.

 
Happy Birthday "Georgie" 

In case you are wondering the projects are coming along slowly. Things are taking a bit of turn, but my projects tend to take on a life of their own when given a chance. I promise to keep you updated though. Here is a little teaser of some of the changes.

 



Before I say good night, I thought you might like the answers to the trivia questions, that is if you haven't googled them already <wink>

1.  Tommy Douglas
2.  Kurt Browning
3.  Atlantic, Pacific, Arctic
4.  Mount Logan in the Yukon
5.  Calixa Lavallee
6.  Montreal and Toronto
7.  Red Ensign
 
This is just a bit of a clue to what I am working on at the cottage.
8.  Lester B. pearson
9.  Roberta Bondar
10.  The Underground Railroad
11.  Winnipeg since 1939
12.  1934 

 

Our grandson is visiting us from Saskatchewan and he and Mr O went kayaking today.

 

I stayed home and held down the fort; repainted my vintage step stool/plant stand and puttered around planting some more flowers.

 

 

 

However you celebrated Canada's birthday, I hope you enjoyed it!



1 comment:

  1. I was just trying to catch up on some blogger friends! I thoroughly enjoyed your last few posts! AND I am thrilled to see your little sofa make-over going on! It's going to be ridiculously cute!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.