Thursday, September 15, 2011

I am Blessed (an earlyThanksgiving post)

There is a chorus we sing in church that says:
I am blessed,
I am blessed,
Every day that I live, I am blessed.
When I wake up in the morning,
Till I lay my head to rest,
I am blessed,
I am blessed

I was pondering over some of the pictures I have taken in the last few days and got to thinking how blessed I am. I have all the material things I need (and more) but I have so much more than that. I made a trip into Bathurst on Tuesday and listened to several different radio programs all of which seemed to talk of problems somewhere in the world. Civil unrest, political strife, starvation, AIDs epidemics, hurricanes...and my biggest beef that day was that I was running late to spend an afternoon visiting and quilting with friends.
I have taken pics of some of the gems that have brightened my last couple of days.






I had a perfectly lovely afternoon with friends I have not seen in ages it seems and I believe they were as happy to see me as I was to see them. The setting was not too shabby either. Just look at the view through those windows!



As a little side note, the inside offered a bit of eye candy too! Here are 2 of a number of quilts in the home. Apparently when the Mr's great aunt died and the family was going through her possessions, they found these old quilts stored in a barrel. They are perfectly charming!



The spectacle in the sky the last few nights has been so beautiful. Just look at that moon! This was taken from the side of the road looking toward "Winterpast"(our name for the cottage) I know I could have gotten a better pic if I had gone home and set up the tripod and fooled with camera settings, but it can change so fast I thought I would take my chances and hope for the best.

Yesterday I spent the afternoon cutting and piecing 6 autumn placemats. I hope to get them quilted today and may post later with some pics of a finished product. YAY!

I could hear a commotion in the water out front and when I went to investigate this is what I saw...


It looked and sounded like a water park mid July! The splashing and carrying on was a real treat to watch. I had to zoom in with the camera and it doesn't fully capture it but it gives you an idea...









love these little shore birds!




Once outside it didn't take much for me to decide to take a break and walk the beach for awhile.
All free to enjoy but priceless, priceless, priceless.


"The world is so full of a number of things; I am sure we should all be as happy as kings."  Robert Louis Stevenson 

2 comments:

  1. We ARE indeed blessed, living in the Maritimes. There is NO better place on earth....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I regretted forgetting my camera the other day! I'm glad you wrote about it at least. We are blessed here.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.