Saturday, December 19, 2009

I am blessed

I have wonderful friends, and that makes me truly blessed. I have so sadly neglected my friends this past 6 months and yet they are there for me. I have gone to them in distress, and needing help with different things, and there has never been any hesitation. There have been messages of encouragement, phone calls, and deeds of kindness through this very emotional trying time. Thank you all. It means so much to know people care.


Wanna hear a snippet of conversation between Christopher Robin and Pooh?



"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart; I'll stay there forever."


My friends have made me feel just that. They have kept me in their hearts, and that is very comforting. Thank you.


Want to see what I mean?...My birthday is coming up..( and NO this is not a hint!!) It falls hot on the heels of Christmas and usually everyone is so busy with all the festivities, it always touches me when I get remembered with gifts and cards and good wishes. Wanna see what I have been given this week?...and it isn't even my birthday yet!




This photo does not even come close to doing these wonderful, crisp, white linen hand towels justice. They are embroidered with a ribbon of holly ( I love holly!) I have them hanging on the bar at the bottom of my medicine chest in the bathroom. Love them!

Again my photography skills are lacking. I over exposed this photo, but just look at this precious miniature porcelaine tea set and tiny book of friendship quotes.
Is this not just the cutest? My grandaughters will be thrilled with this on their next visit.






Oh dear! Pardon my dust, but just look at this wonderful pottery mug from a precious English friend of mine. It has a little infuser "thingy" dish inside the mug for loose tea. And if I prefer to use a tea bag, well then I have the little dish beside it for the tea bag. Doesn't it just make you want to go put the kettle on and have a cuppa tea? You know I think I just might do that, but before I go I am going to leave you with another photo of a jolly fellow. He is the night light in my bathroom; not sure if you can see it or not but he has springy little bells on his top hat and a wonderful happy smile. Ta ta.
EDIT: I just went to make tea and realized that the little dish is also a lid to keep my tea piping hot while steeping. DUH! Don't mind me I was having a senior moment; I really did know that; honest!



1 comment:

  1. Wendy - wishing you a very Happy Birthday!! (Hope I am not too late!) Hope it is a special day for you , and you get pampered and spoiled! Have a great day...

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.