Thursday, January 11, 2024

WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAR...

Hey! How are ya! I wasn't really planning to be back quite this quickly, seeing as how I had other plans for today; however if you know me at all, you know how often I have quoted a kind elderly nurse who cared for while she was in Palliative in hospital before she passed on. I shared my plans with this nurse, telling her that I travelled from NB with the plan to take mom home from hospital and care for her for the first couple weeks of recuperation and my other sister would be coming later to continue caring for mom... her answer to me was some wisdom that came from her"dear old mother" as she put it; " you can make all the plans you want, but you aren't in charge". Although I already knew that I had never had it expressed to me quite that way and I have never forgotten it.

Mom and Me

I just expressed to my son that this trip was purposed to be quiet and relaxing. Long walks on the beach (well, long if you are in your 70's) and a few scrabble and Skipbo games and puzzles. Stitching for me, watching sports for Mr. O. We both brought reading to do. 







We have been doing exactly that...along with storm watching and a bit of thriftin'/junkin'. We have had tornado warnings, thunder and lightning, driving rain and GLORIOUS SUNSHINE! something we had not seen much of in the month of December back home. We did a bit of thrifting yesterday...no treasures have been unearthed yet but I am confident we will strike gold somewhere along the way. that was the plan for today...more thrifting, but we decided to go for a long walk on the beach and then when we got back and had lunch I decided I was happy just staying put...the treasures will have to wait til tomorrow.











 


The next day after all the winds and rain and tornadoes were passed by it was a stunning day on the beach.



Hundreds of starfish washed up on the beach didn't make it but many more were still in water and waiting for the next tide to bring them out.
do you suppose you can wish on a star(fish) the same way you wish upon a star?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds2LbtOX7fY



See you soon. Don't get tired of me yet...I have lots of catching up to do. Perhaps next post I can share some of my stitch projects I brought to work on and maybe just maybe I will be able to share a treasure I was able to unearth while thriftin/junkin". Well that's the plan but remember what I told you about plans.

"A goal without an action plan is a daydream." — Nathaniel Branden





7 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful ….. and the beach looks deserted …. Lucky you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Brenda P. it really is beautiful. i didn't realize how much I missed the ocean. the beaches here are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. You look so much like your mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and thank you also for commenting. I like to know I’m not just talking to myself

      Delete
  4. It looks like you are having an amazing time …. And here I am stitching Santas in a storm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay Brenda if you are trying to make me jealous it won’t work. I do love a good snowstorm, but I also love a long walk on the beach.

      Delete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.