Friday, January 19, 2024

THROWBACK THURSDAY AND A LITTLE UPDATE

 Most of you who know me, know that I very often posted about my quilting projects quite frequently and especially when travelling. My sewing machine has travelled many many thousands of miles. However in the last few years since I wandered back into cross stitching again, I have found cross stitching and knitting to be more travel friendly. it takes up less room in the car and a lot less time and space to pack for a trip. Most of my projects (yes that is project-S plural because I have more than 1 on the go) are all living in their own project bag.  That makes it very simple to grab a project bag or 2 or 5 and I am ready to go. I will post a link to the blog post mentioning my return to cross stitching HERE

So what project bags got to go on vacation with me this trip you ask?

Project #1


Project #2


Project #3


Project #4


Project #5


Project # 6


No Project in this one as far as I know...just a little comment


Project # 7




Project #8


Project # 9
Wait. . . . How did that happen? I was only planning to maybe bring 5.  Those sneaky little things...they snuck into my tote when I wasn't looking. (Unless Mr. O. threw in a few more projects thinking I might finish all 5 and need more to work on. He is really thoughtful that way) Now I realize that the curious among you might want to have a peek inside each of those bags to see what I am working on and I plan to show you a few at a time in the upcoming blog posts.
I also realize that if you went back to the above link you might have noticed a cross stitch project that was only half done.  Hoffman's Christ at 33.  I am very happy to report that project is finished and framed and hanging on our wall at home. I will try to find a picture and show it with the next blog post as well. That project was over 10 years from start to finish, so I was extremely thrilled to finish it.

P.S. I hesitate to tell you that I only packed 6 skirts for this trip but somehow 9 projects made the cut. Sigh.....

I should mention that I have been doing more than just stitching, and I have a few more lovely beach pictures to share as well. I managed to get a couple of very unique ones of some of the ocean creatures.

"Going on a trip. I need about 3 projects to work on. I've packed 20 just to be safe."








6 comments:

  1. I am sooooo curious as to what is in each of those project bags …… which by the way …… are amazing in themselves!!! I really wish i had the patience to make those ….. I’m off to Dollarama today to try and find a little pouch to put my cross stitch needles and snips in lol ……

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Brenda, anyone who quilts and cross stitches as lovely as you do, can certainly make a simple project bag. It is the best way to use up all the bits and pieces from your quilt projects and they are not only for cross stitching. They have a lot of great uses. Maybe after I get back I can walk you through it but until then I can also you a YouTube link for an easy project bag. Thanks for commenting. I love the feedback!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s not the making of the bag …. It’s the time it would take from quilting and cross stitching lol …. But …. Wait ….. I’m retired now …… should have lots of time …… 🤭

      Delete
  3. Your project bags are quite lovely. They are a piece of art in and of themselves. I can attest that the first thing that gets packed for a trip is the stitching, next the stitching accessories. Then the clothes must fit in and around in the space that is left. I hope that you get to enjoy some of your stitching while on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks nicole appreciate your comments. I would like to take credit for all of the bags but one or two of them were gifted to me and I’ll talk about that on my next blog post. But I’m with you girl I take back pieces of clothing that I think I can live without so that I don’t have to skimp on my stitching projects. We got a bit of less than desirable weather this weekend so I plan to get a lot of stitching done. But if you read my post last week, you’ll know that I can make all the plans I want…

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.