Friday, January 5, 2024

NEW YEAR = NEW GOALS

  Hello, it’s me!  It’s been a while. ( Goodness! That opener took a couple minutes; pondering whether I was correct in using “a while as opposed to awhile”.) Yes I did double check with Mr.O. and Dr. Google to make sure I was using the correct verbiage. It is encouraging to know that I have not lost all my grammar skills. By the way, I want you to know that not all the mistakes you read in this and other posts will be my mistakes. Auto correct and Siri’s hearing will account for much of it and I will take a little blame for some, but just a little bit…

January 5, 2024 and the temperature is plus 6.  Not a bit of snow to be seen anywhere and there has not been any since we crossed the U.S. border this morning. What a mild winter we are having and it has been a long time since we have experienced a green Christmas. 





Last winter we had to cancel Christmas until later in the day Dec.26 because of record breaking snowfall and road closures. This year was 12 degrees Celsius and I was kicking myself that I hadn’t just planned a bbq instead of a big Christmas dinner. I decided to stir things up a bit and forego the turkey dinner. Instead I opted for homemade Chinese food. I made egg rolls, homemade chicken balls, dry garlic ribs, bacon wrapped water chestnuts, a huge wok full of vegetable fried rice. My daughter in law contributed a delicious huge Asian salad and her mom made a huge platter of all kinds of home baked goodies, and I also baked a homemade New York Style Cheesecake with preserved strawberries for desert. Not traditional but a nice change. 




We crossed the border into West Virginia about 45 minutes ago and it was 8 degrees and beautiful sunshine here as well.






I have written a few words and inserted 4 photos and I lost the first draft of my entry, rewrote everything I could remember and inserted a few pictures and here I am at least 90 minutes later and still struggling with this post. I remember now why I lost interest in blogging. I would spend hours on a post only to lose it while I was publishing it, or it would show up horribly formatted. None of this is your problem but if I am to continue I need to figure out what the problem is with way I am doing things. It shouldn’t be this painful to journal. I may just post this and see how things go and try to work on things once I get to the hotel for the night. If all goes well I will post again shortly. 

I wanted to chat about setting some goals for the new year but I am concerned that I will do all that only to lose it… stay tuned.

WRITING IS AN ACT OF FAITH, NOT A TRICK OF GRAMMAR.

E.B.WHITE

Edit: I published my blog post and font sizes were all mixed up and all photos were missing. Several more hours of trial and error and updating programs and apps I am hoping those pesky photos will show up this time.


2 comments:

  1. Well done! Sounds like a wonderful but untraditional Christmas. I think tgst would be fun !
    Yiu are not only a writer dear sis but a riddler too! I know what one of your goals is! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Wendy, it’s very nice to see you back with your blog. Enjoy your travels and hopefully we will be able to enjoy them via your posts.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.