Tuesday, December 11, 2018

WHERE’S WENDY NOW?

I received a text from my neice tonight asking me where I was so that she could send me my annual Christmas card. It got me to thinking about the children’s book, Where’s Waldo. 


Here’s a little trivia for you...did you know that it has been just over 31 years since the Where’s Waldo books made their appearance? I have several friends that ask where I have been..they keep checking out my blog for something new and it is just the same old news. I know it is not 31 years since my last appearance but it has been awhile.
If I show you a couple pictures I know you will guess right away...




Yup! You guessed it! Back in Arizona for the winter!
By the way you will need to look close at the first picture to see,  but one of these palm trees is not like the other.

“One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?” 
Courtesy of Sesame Street

Before I give you the answer, how many of you just sang that song? I wonder how many of you will be humming it for the next three hours..lol
Did you notice the palm tree that looks like it grew straight up into the street light pole? Well it is not really a palm tree, it is a cell phone tower!
Here is a closer look.

Some are even harder to recognize.







I think it is so cool that they try to blend them into the surroundings, Lord knows there are tons of them around and it’s hard enough trying to get a decent photo without power lines and telephone poles in them. 
Ok...see what happens when I stay away so long! I just go on and on and on!
I missed you guy(s)
I miss reading some of my favourites when I don't blog too.

So what’s new?
Me? Oh not much with me... in the midst of packing up the cottage for the season, we sold our home, and have a buyer for our beautiful place at the beach. (That all happened in 5 days) Because we had already committed to spending the winter in Phoenix, we had just 6 weeks to pack up a house we had lived in for 39 years, and let me tell you our house was not big but it was full! And before you say it, no I am not a hoarder! After all the packing, we had over 5000 km to drive besides house hunting and all the business that entails and stopping to see my brother in Northern Ontario. We stopped in to see our son and family and we were successful in finding a house we liked so we bought a new home in Ontario. 
I told Mr. O I felt like I had been thrown into the tv show Amazing Race!
What a whirlwind! 
Our new home is a couple hours north of Toronto so I am still going to be a country gal, which suits me to a “T”. It brings us closer to family although I will be leaving part of my heart behind, because I have been blessed with the most precious friends a girl could ever hope to meet. I hope they miss me so much they all come to see me! A couple at a time though because we didn't  buy a hotel! <grin>
It is a lovely brick bungalow, just 8 years old, open concept, and my knee will be very appreciative of having a laundry room on the main floor, and yes I will have space for a new quilting studio, and it too will be on the main level. 










AKA. My quilt studio!


Here is a little peek. I will enjoy the front and back deck and although it will be lots of changes ( and if you know me well, you know I am not fond of change!), but I am sure we will be comfortable and happy there. After all home is where you make it. 




I have been in our rental here in Phoenix about 10 days and I still cant remember where things are in the kitchen, and my sewing area...don’t even ask! 
I have managed to do a little cross stitching on a project that is long overdue to be finished

It is a portion taken from a painting (below)by German artist, Heinrich 
Hoffmann
I also started (barely) a lap quilt from a kit I purchased last winter from 
   www.fatquartershop.com



It will be quite pretty when finished although the pattern photo does not do it justice. My friend Denise made it last year and sent me a photo of it and I instantly knew I wanted to make it.

Isn’t it pretty? I asked her if I could use it as a screen saver/wallpaper on my phone and it has been there ever since. I decided it was time to get at it. The other thing I have to finish up is my 7 Letters quilt. If I don’t lallygag too much I should be able to finish it by the end of the week.  I really have no idea how it should be quilted, so if you have any ideas I would love to hear them. 



Well I will leave you with a few more pics I snapped while on my walk this afternoon. I walked 5 km, and Mr O biked 50 miles....what a slacker!



“DON,T FEAR CHANGE. You may lose something good, but you may also gain something great.”
Author unknown.



























No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. I REALLY love to have feedback.